Our site is currently functioning in BETA right now.

Please report all site issues to @stankywizard

Thank you and we hope you enjoy the community portal!

Happy Valentines Day!

Sign in to follow this  
TwinnerK

Warhammer 40k Winter Escalation League

20 posts in this topic

2018 Warhammer 40k Winter Escalation League
The Games Nook - Sudbury Ontario
Round Result Form: https://goo.gl/forms/QGopfxt9Uzk5afRk2

BE SURE TO READ THIS WHOLE DOCUMENT PLEASE.

Hey guys, we are excited to announce the 3rd escalation league the Games Nook has run! This time we are expecting the largest turnout yet, and as of such I (Kevin) will be dedicating more time to make sure it runs as smoothly as possible. Before we get into the details let start of with a couple important dates.

January 27th: League is announced.
February 12th: The date you can start painting in order to earn points.
February 26th: The official start of the league and Round 1 - 500 points.
March 12th: The end of Round 1 and start of Round 2 - 1000 points.
March 26th: The end of Round 2 and start of Round 3 - 1250 points.
April 9th: The end of Round 3 and start of Round 4 - 1500 points.
April 23rd: The end of Round 4 and start of Round 5 - 1750 points.
May 7th: The end of Round 5 and start of Round 6 - 2000 points.
May 21st: The end of Round 6 (the last round).
June 2nd (subject to change): The Apocalypse and end of the league party.

Now that we have the important dates out of the way let me explain what this league is. If you have played in the previous ones you will know what to expect, but for those who haven’t let me explain. This is a casual Warhammer 40k league that requires you to play 1 game every two weeks. When completing various tasks you get rewarded with raffle points, which can earn you entries into the prize raffle at the end of the league. All prize support (outside of plaques) is given via this system. This means, getting first doesn’t give you a better chance at winning, but solely provides you with bragging rights. Now, for each round you will be required to play at a certain points level which is noted above with the dates. You will be given an opponent to play that will be decided via an excel spreadsheet using a random algorithm . On average, in each round you will get an additional 250 points, hence the escalation aspect. Additionally, in each round there will be a specific challenge to complete. If you complete the challenge you will earn additional raffle points. That is the basics of this league, let me go into more detail though.

Unlike previous leagues, for this league you will be required not only to play the same faction, but build off the previous round’s list. That means, if your 500 point army includes 2 tactical squads, a captain and a dreadnought, your 750 point army must include all 4 of those units plus an additional 250 points. Each person will be allowed to take 3 units out of their list throughout the league and replace them with a different unit(s). This is the only way you can change your list. Additionally, for every 15 raffle points, you earn the option to take a unit out of your list.

Now that we have discussed how the league is going to work, let’s get into this so called raffle point system. Please note, a league night is referring to Monday night, Thursday night, and Saturday all day at the GamesNook. As previously mentioned to win prizes you must earn raffle points. The raffle will be done during the final Apocalypse party, attendance is not mandatory to win, if you win and are not present you will be notified. Raffle points can be earned by doing the following:
2 Points for prepaying ($15) at the Nook before the start of Round 1.
1 Point for registering for an account on http://recklessassaultgaming.com/.
1 Point for playing your league game (this game can be played anywhere and anytime).
1 Point for playing your league game on a game night.
1 Point for winning your league game.
1 Point for completing the challenge for the round (some rounds might be worth more).
1 Point for showing up on a league night other than the night your play your scheduled game. (For at least 30 minutes)
1 Point for playing an additional game with a different opponent on a league night (maximum 3 times a round, each game must be with a different person)
1 Point for painting and then using the painted unit in your assigned league game. This unit must be purchased from the Games Nook.. (no maximum, the unit can have been bought from the Nook at any time, but must be completely painted starting only after February 12th)
3 Points for playing in and attending the final Apocalypse party.

As you can see, there are tonnes of ways to earn points. Previously, I had required people to e-mail me at the end of each round, this got very hard to keep track of. This round you will find a link at the top of this document where you will be required to report your round point earnings. This must be done EACH round and BEFORE the start of the next round.  Finally let's move onto what is required to register.

To register please either email (armitage_kevin@hotmail.com) me or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/armitage.kevin) message me the following information:
Name
Cell Phone #
Facebook Profile Link
Reckless Assault Gaming Screen Name

This information will be used to allow you to get ahold of your opponent for each round. Along with this information a fee of $15 has to be paid to the Games Nook, when you go into pay it just let the attendant know you are paying for the league.

There you have it, all the information for the 2018 winter league. Please let me know if you have any questions, I can be contact via the links above.

Edited by TwinnerK

List of Participants:

Irvin Armitage
Brandon Cook
Kevin Armitage
Clark Legault
Austin
Aaron Green
Davis Centis
Terran Dickieson
Peter Longarini
Geoffry Daniel
Wesley Bouwmeester
Steve Marleau
Brandon Carpeter
Connor Makarucha
Brian Drolet
Marc
David Hinala
Maxime Bolduc
Brandon Smith
Tyler Boorman

Edited by TwinnerK

I'll be in too! I think that the Drukari and the Ulthwe Eldar will be buddies for the spring! 

Hey guys. If you are interested please pm me your email, and your cell number/Facebook if you want to share that. But I need your email atleast.

We are 16 people strong and not even 24 hour has passed since the announcement. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

We are now 20 people strong, hoping to hit the 30 mark. Let me know if you are interested!

I should be able to materialize for this...warp pending.

Thou Knowest mine contact details!!!!!!

@TwinnerK are we able to start getting league points on the 12th from games played? I know we won't be paired up but if we can co-ordinate to setup some 500 pnt games can we get additional points from said games @ warhammer night

1 hour ago, stankywizard said:

@TwinnerK are we able to start getting league points on the 12th from games played? I know we won't be paired up but if we can co-ordinate to setup some 500 pnt games can we get additional points from said games @ warhammer night

Hey mate only thing that will be allowed from the 12th-26th will be starting painting. Everything else starts the 26th.

1 hour ago, TwinnerK said:

Hey mate only thing that will be allowed from the 12th-26th will be starting painting. Everything else starts the 26th.

:'(

11 hours ago, Capt. Thunderfawks said:

So we are playing Patrols to start off. That's great!

Did you get the email for the first round?

39 minutes ago, Capt. Thunderfawks said:

Nope

Message me you email I will ensure I had the right one. Thanks